GDPR – The New General Data Protection Regulation
On 25th May 2018 the new General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) comes into effect. This legislation supersedes the current Data Protection Act 1998. We are required to implement the requirements of the new regulations which provide you greater control over the way we use of your personal data.
HHL Group Limited holds data from its customers for a variety of reasons; this can be because you are an existing customer with whom we trade or as a point of contact for the arrangement of collections or deliveries.
Under the new GDPR regulation, HHL Group Limited must….
- Be transparent and concise regarding all personal data held within our systems when requested to do so
- Be able to provide access to data on exactly what is held. Why it is used and where it is stored
- Obtain your agreement to opt in to any communications which we distribute, either for the purposes of doing business or of a marketing nature
- Obtain your agreement to opt in to HHL Group Limited your personally identifiable information, unless any data information we hold on your company and employees is for business purposes only under the following lawful bases of the GDPR Regulations (EU) 2016/679: Article 6.1(b) & Article 6.1(f)
- Provide you with clear instruction on how to opt out of HHL Group Limited your personal data or opt out of receiving information of a marketing nature
You can obtain a full overview about our GDPR commitment to you on our website by clicking here